(as of Oct 09, 2023 23:23:26 UTC – Details)
TeamWriter is an easy-to-use, collaborative team building game. Fit the pieces together, connect a set of strings to the TeamWriter gismo, and work as a team to write something that’s actually legible.
SUPER FUN CHALLENGES: Facilitators can easily adapt this game to a myriad of applications. For instance, you could have groups:
- Write the answer to topical question
- Draw an icon that represents a key learning pointOnce the group figures out WHAT they will right, the next challenge is HOW they will do it. Together they’ll have to coordinate:
- Where is the top of the page?
- Into which holes should they connect the strings for maximum control?
- Who will be the group leader?
- How will you communicate effectively and listen to each other respectfully?
To add difficulty, facilitators can limit the time available to complete the task, limit communication to non-verbal cues only, or blindfold one more players.
DEVELOP A BROAD RANGE OF TEAM BUILDING SKILLS: Adapt the dynamic team building activity to any of these important team development goals:
- Improve team dynamics
- Solve challenging problems together
- Break the Ice
- Improve Communication
- Build Trust
- Develop strong leadership
- 2 guide plates to hold the player ropes
- 1 stem which holds the guide plates and marker in place
- 10 light-weight ropes
- 1 Sharpie brand marker. NOTE: the marker holder is sized to hold a Sharpie(TM) brand marker. If using a different marker, you may need to wrap some duct tape around the barrel of the marker for a snug fit. You will also need to secure a large sheet of paper (flip chart paper works great) or cardboard to the ground.
- Bag to hold the game parts
- Facitlitation notes containing game ideas and tips
Once the group figures out WHAT they will right, the next challenge is HOW they will do it.
Fit the pieces together, connect a set of strings to the TeamWriter gismo, and work as a team to write something that’s actually legible.
Game parts: 2 guide plates to hold the player ropes, 1 stem which holds the guide plates and marker in place, 10 light-weight ropes, 1 Sharpie(TM) brand marker, bag to hold the game parts
Includes facilitation notes containing game ideas and tips