(as of Oct 12, 2023 07:08:20 UTC – Details)
Have you ever been asked to run a few ‘ice-breaker’ activities?
Are you thinking of leading some ‘team-building’ exercises?
Are you new to program leadership and don’t know where to start?
If you answered “YES” to any or all of these questions, then this book is for you.
Jam-packed with inspiration and practical advice, Serious Fun describes a unique, yet simple, four-step model that will transform your program from “Oh, no, not that again,” to “Wow, that was amazing.
“If you’re a school teacher, corporate trainer, outdoor educator, conference organiser or camp / youth leader, this book will help you create incredibly fun programs that will leave your group feeling engaged, valued and inspired.
Here’s what you’ll learn inside:
* The seven mistakes program leaders make, and how to fix them;
* The four-step sequence to leading remarkably fun programs;
* The five essential ingredients of a successful ‘ice-breaker;’
* How to create a fun, safe and supportive learning environment;
* How to manage difficult behaviours, such as unwilling participants; and
* Solutions to more than twenty common programming problems.
If you want to inject more fun and value into your programs, this book is your blueprint.
Publisher : playmeo; First Edition (January 1, 2014)
Language : English
Paperback : 208 pages
ISBN-10 : 0992546400
ISBN-13 : 978-0992546403
Item Weight : 10.2 ounces
Dimensions : 6 x 0.45 x 9 inches